Frequently Asked Questions
- Check-in is between 4pm and 9pm. We can occasionally accommodate an earlier check-in time, but this is subject to our confirmation.
- Check-out is by 10:30am. Once again, we can occasionally accommodate a later check-out time (no later than midday), but this is subject to our confirmation.
- Free on-site car parking.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout.
- We have one designated disabled parking space, adjacent to the entrance.
- Housekeeping services are offered for stays of more than 4 nights. Fresh towels, toilet rolls, etc., are available throughout your stay, and tea/coffee/sugar supplies etc., are available on the 1st and 2nd floors. Upon check-out, rooms are thoroughly steam cleaned and sterilised, ready for the next guests.
- We do not have multiple room types, as each room is individual. Therefore the room that you have booked is the room that you will have. However, should it be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to allocate a different room of equal standard where possible.
- Payment – A valid debit/credit card is required to guarantee the booking. We accept Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- For direct reservations, full booking balance is due on the day of arrival and payment will automatically be processed on the morning of arrival using the secure card information provided at the time of booking. Alternatively, we can email you a payment link, or you can pay by BACS within 7 days of your arrival. Please advise if you would prefer this method. We reserve the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
- For Booking.com reservations – Prepayment for the first night will be processed within 14 days of your arrival date using the card details provided at the time of booking, with any remaining balance processed on the morning of arrival using the details provided.
- Cancellation conditions – For direct bookings, if the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the first night of the stay will be made. If the booking is cancelled less than 2 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made. In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
- Breakfast is served between 8:30am and 9:30am daily. We can occasionally accommodate an earlier breakfast time, subject to our confirmation.
- Breakfast options include a cooked English breakfast, Eggs Benedict, kippers or haddock, served to your table, along with self-service continental choices (cereals/yoghurt/fruit etc.). We ask guests to pre-order their breakfast choices the evening before, using our breakfast menu form.
- We cater for vegetarian diets, but with the exception of gluten free bread, gluten free cereal, and oat milk, we do not offer other special dietary foods, ie. halal etc. However, you are welcome to bring your own produce which can be stored in the mini fridge in your room.
- Please advise of any allergies at the time of booking, ie. nuts/feathers etc.
- Our pillows and duvets are hypo-allergenic. Winter duvet tog rating of 13.5, and summer duvet tog rating of 4.5.
- Service dogs only accepted.
- Children – No under 14’s please.
- Wildercombe House is a non-smoking establishment throughout, in line with UK government legislation.
Covid-19 restrictions have now been lifted throughout England, therefore it is no longer a legal requirement to wear face coverings. However, choosing to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces can help to stop the spread of Covid-19. Therefore, if you feel more comfortable wearing a face covering when staying at Wildercombe House, please feel free to continue to do so.
Comfort and cleanliness have always been a priority at Wildercombe House. Therefore enhanced cleaning measures remain, and we ask that you please be respectful to those guests who may still wish to socially distance.
We aim to cover all options possible and wish to assure you and our staff that every effort will be made to keep all concerned as safe and healthy as we possibly can. Should the conditions change, we will update this notice as and when necessary. As always, we are here to discuss any concerns that you may have, so please do telephone or send an email.