Frequently Asked Questions
- Check-in is between 4pm and 9pm. We cannot accommodate early check-in requests due to enhanced cleaning measures.
- Check-out is by 10:30am. Once again, we cannot accommodate late check-out requests due to enhanced cleaning measures. Please ensure that you leave the room key prior to departure.
- Free on-site car parking.
- We have one designated disabled parking space, adjacent to the entrance.
- We do not have multiple room types, as each room is individual. Therefore the room that you have booked is the room that you will have. However, should it be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to allocate a different room of equal standard where possible.
- Payment – A valid credit/debit card is required to guarantee the booking; Full booking balance is due on the day of arrival; Payments can be made by BACS, and the following cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express; We reserve the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
- Cancellation conditions – If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the first night of the stay will be made. If the booking is cancelled less than 2 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made. In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
- Breakfast is served between 8:30am and 9:30am daily. We can occasionally accommodate an earlier breakfast time, but this is subject to our confirmation.
- Breakfast options include a cooked English breakfast, Eggs Benedict, kippers or haddock, all served to your table, along with continental choices (cereals/yoghurt/fruit etc.).
- We cater for vegetarian diets, but with the exception of gluten free bread, we do not offer other special dietary foods, ie. gluten free/soya milk/halal etc. However, you are welcome to bring your own produce which can be stored in the mini fridge in your room.
- Please advise of any allergies at the time of booking, ie. nuts/feathers etc.
- Our pillows and duvets are hypo-allergenic. Winter duvet tog rating of 13.5, and summer duvet tog rating of 4.5.
- Service dogs only accepted.
- Children – No under 14’s please.
- Wildercombe House is a non-smoking establishment throughout, in line with UK government legislation.
All Covid-19 restrictions have now been lifted throughout England, therefore it is no longer a legal requirement to wear face coverings. However, choosing to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces can help to stop the spread of Covid-19. Therefore, if you feel more comfortable wearing a face covering when staying at Wildercombe House, please feel free to continue to do so.
Comfort and cleanliness have always been a priority at Wildercombe House. Therefore enhanced cleaning measures will remain, and we ask that you please be respectful to those guests who may still wish to social distance. High traffic areas will be regularly sanitised, and hand sanitiser will remain available for guests and staff to use on entering/leaving the building.
On arrival, your room key will be made available for you to check in to your room in the normal way. However, no member of staff will be able to show you to your room or assist/handle guest’s luggage.
Daily in-room housekeeping services remain suspended for shorter stays. Fresh towels, toilet rolls, etc., will be available on request throughout your stay, and tea/coffee/sugar supplies etc., are available on the 1st and 2nd floors. Upon check-out, your room will be thoroughly steam cleaned and sterilised, ready for the next guests.
You will be able to enjoy a cooked breakfast, along with continental options. If you would like a cooked breakfast, we are asking guests to pre-order the evening before, selecting their choices using our breakfast menu form, and this will be served to you at your table.
For the foreseeable future we would prefer not to process card payments on arrival. Therefore:-
- For reservations made via our website – Payment will automatically be processed on the morning of arrival using the secure card information you provided at the time of booking. Alternatively, we can email you a payment link, or you can pay by BACS, within 7 days of your arrival. Please advise if you would prefer this method.
- For Booking.com reservations – Prepayment for the first night will be processed within 14 days of your arrival date using the card details provided at the time of booking, with any remaining balance processed on the morning of arrival using the details provided.
We aim to cover all options possible and wish to assure you and our staff that every effort will be made to keep all concerned as safe and healthy as we possibly can. Should the conditions change, we will update this notice as and when necessary. As always, we are here to discuss any concerns that you may have, so please do telephone or send an email.
We thank you for your understanding at this time.